Monday, March 24, 2008

Holding Tank Fun, Concrete Pads and Kitties.

03/24/08 - We have finally noticed a gray cat that appears to be living under the porch of the front office. I say we meaning Linda and I because I believe Bud noticed a couple of weeks ago. Every once in a while when I took him out for his last evening potty break he would show a lot of interest in something behind the coach or once in a while under the coach. When our next door neighbors pulled out the other day I noticed the cat sitting on their patio and have since seen it a number of times around the first 3 or 4 sites in our row. I figure it will move on once most of the people have left.

The last couple of nights there has been a small RoadTrek parked next to us, piloted by an older lady and her two dogs. She was heading out this morning and was trying to get close enough to the sewer connection so she would not have to get her hose extension out. Only problem is these sites have about a six inch drop off at the back of the pad. Well guess what? She backed up just a little too far and dropped off the pad. Linda happened to see it occur and told me about it, so being a good neighbor I am dug through my boxes of stuff to find a couple of wood blocks left over from our 5th wheel and headed over to help.

She ended up being close enough to the drain as long as someone held onto the drain hose. I volunteered and let her run the drain controls. Once we had the tanks empty we started trying to get her back up on the pad so she was in a position to leave. It took a couple of tries but we were able to get her back up on the pad using our wooden blocks as a ramp.

I had left the door to the lower storage open while helping the lady next door and when I went to put my blocks away guess who I found checking out our basement? Yep, it was the cat. As soon as I showed up she decided to make a leisurely getaway. I will have to be a bit more careful about keeping the storage doors closed or we have one very upset kitty.

By the way I uploaded recipes again today, just check the dates for the latest additions.

No comments: