Friday, June 27, 2008

My Summer is Slipping Away!

I have been working hard to get Mom's list of things that need fixing around the house completed and at this point appear to be down to the last two items on her list and 1 item I added. So far I have fixed a number of small things around the house, cleaned and sealed/painted 3 wood decks, replaced the back garage entry door and revived her riding lawn mower that has not run in 3 years. I still need to finish up the mower, paint the replacement door and do some mortar repair on the fireplace chimney.

Along with these tasks I keep the lawn mowed and try to keep up with the outside maintenance. Then the neighbor across the road always seems to have projects that need additional hands or muscle for me to get involved with.

Today I am waiting for a call from my son-in-law so I can go and let the plumbers in so they can finish up the basement bathroom in their new house.

My summer seems to be flying by and I have yet to get started on any of my projects/maintenance for the motor home and Jeep.

Last night we were having dinner with Mom and our two nieces. I was drafted to grill the steaks. I had left Bud in the back yard so he would not have to be couped up in his cage and decided to bring him out front to be with me while I was grilling. He was laying in the shade holding his left front paw in the air as I arrived to get him. I had to pick the poor boy up as he could not walk on the injury. I looked him over and did not see any real injury, but did see one of his pads would quite red. I am guessing he got stung by a wasp.

The was a very traumatic experience for the boy and he just kept looking at me saying help me. We held him for 15 minutes or so and then I took him back to the coach, gave him a baby Benadryl along with dinner and slipped him into his cage. I then returned to the house to dig into a well prepared steak (if I do say so myself). By the time I returned to the couch later that evening all the pain and suffering from our foot was over and we were back to normal. I tell you dogs are as bad as kids!

No comments: