Saturday, May 9, 2009

Howell, Michigan

After spending Thursday night at Interstate RV Park, in Davenport Iowa we arrived in Howell about 4PM on Friday. This is actually my mom's back yard, I sort of do another workamping stint as I do maintenance and lawn mowing in exchange for a place to park.

Really good to get back to the old stomping grounds, we got to spend some time with our oldest daughter, my Mom and Linda's parents last night. Today will be spent getting things set up again, doing laundry and just recovering from the ~2500 mile dash from Oregon.

We are just short of 20,000 miles on the coach and the motor seems to be loosening up a bit. The computer tracks mileage and we have gone up anther tenth on this leg of the trip, were now up to 8.2 MPG. I don't think that too bad for a 30,000 lb vehicle that 8 feet wide and 12.5 feet tall.

2 comments:

On Da Road said...

8.2 is pretty darn good.

Steve Westmoreland said...

I am pretty happy, I have read that they don't consider this engine broken in until you hit 40,000 miles so we should see additional improvement.

The little girls are still happy to see uncle Stevie, not sure how long that will last.