Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 3 and things are improving

We made it to Campground Buena Tierra in Casa Grande, Az today, around 350 miles. Things went well, breakfast at the Flying J west of El Paso, about a mile from the New Mexico border, lunch at a rest stop at Texas Canyon, Az. Easy to find campground and even the construction in Tucson was not bad.

I need to take a look at the tail light on the Jeep, that has been giving me a few problems, but that's the only thing out of the ordinary to do tonight. I think I will take a look after dinner then shower and turn in early (Bud and I are a bit messed up by the time change).

We have been running into a couple at a number of rest stops along the way and guess who is camped just two sites away tonight. They are from Bakersfield and suggested a route bypassing LA. Looks like it's about 830 miles to Sacramento (I have an uncle who lives there) so we are planning the next couple of legs to get us there.

1 comment:

On Da Road said...

I hope Bud is adjusting now! :-)