Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quartzsite AZ

Short day today, somewhere around 200 miles, but the rig just would not go past Quartzsite. I have been dreaming of boon docking here ever since the full-timing bug bit me. Sure is nice to have 300 watts of solar panels, an inverter and a cellular modem! I can just imagine what this place is like in January when ALLLLLL the characters are here, partying and what ever!

I spent all the money I made this winter working on computers, and then some, on a White's TDI metal detector. Just learning how to use it but so far I have found 4 pieces of wire. I played around with some nuggets I have just to see what it is like to find real gold. Tomorrow we will go to a local claim and see what we can find.

Linda decided we needed a little break from driving so she had me get the Jeep around and go for a little 100 mile site seeing trek. Bud, as always, was very happy traveling anywhere.

Not sure if we will spend another night here or get back on the road when it starts getting hot. I guess we will just have to see how the mood strikes us.

No comments: