Thursday, April 10, 2008

An empty park, cleaning and packing!

Things are really getting quiet here in the park. I've only parked 1 rig in the last 3 days and have been having 6 to 8 rigs heading home each of those days. I am still opening the front gate in the morning, cleaning the pool and closing the gates in late afternoon. Along with any other odd jobs they need done in the park.

We are scheduled to leave on Saturday the 12th and are keeping a close eye on the weather. We seem to be okay for the trip to Escapees Rainbows End in Livingston but who knows what the trip from there to Michigan will bring. The big storms seem to be coming one after the other and really pounding the middle of the nation.

I have started getting our rig cleaned up and repacked. It's surprising how much work it takes to get all the stuff re-packed. I know I have added a couple of things, like the stand for the grill, but everything that I know I brought with us got bigger while we were here!

Our friends from Quebec are still holed up in Arkansas waiting for the weather to clear and the snow to clear out in I'lle Bizard. At one point there was 16 feet of snow piled up around their house.

No comments: