Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We are licensed and in Arkadelphia Arkansas

We checked out of the Escapees park when they opened this morning and headed for the Texas Department of Public Safety to finish up our drivers licenses. We got into the office about 9AM and had to wait in line a few minutes but things went smoothly. We had all the paper work done and since Linda was only getting a class C license she just had to sign her name, turn over her Michigan License and pay her money.

I had the opportunity to keep my motorcycle endorsement for a mere $15, no sense going through that process again if I ever win the lottery and can afford a Harley. From there I had to take a 20 question written test. As I was taking it I wondered why I needed to know the rules for a class A license when I was only trying to get a class B license (A is for someone driving a vehicle that weighs over 26,000 pounds and pulls a trailer that weighs more than 10,000 pounds).

I passed the written test than got scheduled for a driving test, another 30 minute wait. Things went well on the driving test and I was all done by 11AM. We headed to the WalMart again to hook the Jeep up (you have to park on the side of the highway at the DPS office). Since Taco Bell was right next door to the WalMart we had lunch before hitting the road.

We made pretty good time today and managed to get to the Arkadelphia Campground & RV Park in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. We had stopped here last year so were familiar with where it was and how to get there. There are new owners this year and they appear to be making a number of improvements. We are about half way to Michigan, so should be to Mom's on Friday without pushing it too hard.

No comments: