Saturday, April 12, 2008

Were on our way, headed back to Michigan

This is our first day of traveling after being holed up in south Texas since the last week in October. It takes a little getting used to herding this big box on wheels especially when heading into the wind for most of our travels today.

We got started right on time with only a small glitch with the lights on the Jeep. Seems ever since we had the safety recall done to correct a problem with the wiring for the exhaust brake and brake lights, we have been blowing the fuse for the trailer plug on the motor home. I thought I had it licked when I replaced the brake/turn signal bulbs with LED's on the Jeep. We made it all the way down here without an issue. This morning when checking to make sure the lights on the jeep were working I found the fuse was blown once again. I guess I will have to get in touch with Spartan to see if there is a fix for this issue.

We only put in about 250 miles today. We both figured that was enough for our first day. We want to be in Livingston, TX Sunday night which is only about 440 miles from Mission so we are better than half way there. Anyways it works well with my 230 plan, thats stop after 230 miles or 2:30 in the afternoon. Today we made our mileage by 1PM so I have some extra time for a nap.

We are staying at the Lazy Longhorn RV park in Victoria, Texas tonight. The have nice concrete roads and sites with a good cable lineup and free WiFi. Bud is enjoying having all the new smells to check out and Linda and I are looking forward to a nice nap this afternoon.

No comments: